Thursday, October 11, 2007

The Second strongest argument

My second strongest argument on my topic is the costs, expenses ans stats for short by the numbers. Most schools that compare each other with the same type of students have stated that their drug use has not dropped at all even with prevention programs. Schools spend millions and millions of dollars on prevention programs that aren't taken seriously by students. Some school districts that are very large such as an area in Las Angelas, they spent over 35 million dollars a year in testing. On average a drug test costs about 20-30 dollars. Most of the drug testing money comes from the tax payers and with an abundant amount of testing the taxes and money can be raised and the payers may become angered.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

And in what way should that school be run? Because I don't think school really has a big effect on what kids do outside of the classroom. At the school that I'm in, almost every one that I know is a drug user. There are no drug tests that I'm aware of unless you get caught 3 times with the drug - though I think that this is mostly with weed. I don't think that drug testing should be manditory. If you drug test some one, all that does is tell you if they are or aren't doing the drug. Then, if you take a step further, you reach probation. That only makes kids ich and want for more. When they get off probation, they party hardcore, and get as blown away as they can because they missed it so much.

Drug testing isn't nessissary. We already know they do it.